According to the CDC A third of US adults report that they usually get less than the recommended amount of sleep. Not getting enough sleep or quality of sleep is linked with many chronic diseases and conditions—such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and depression
As you can see the health implications are far reaching. All ages are affected by sleep deprivation. Our bodies heal during what is known as the REM cycle. This is the portion of the sleep cycle where the body’s systems do much of their healing.
If you have tried all the usual sleep hygiene tricks and are still not getting quality sleep or are waking up tired, keep reading.
Melatonin- what is it?
Almost everyone has heard of melatonin, but what is it, exactly?
Melatonin is a hormone/antioxidant which acts like a body clock (circadian cycle) regulator, which in turn promotes a healthy REM cycle. Melatonin has been described as the most powerful antioxidant made by the body. Antioxidants are compounds that inhibit oxidation. In other terms, antioxidants help prevent damage to your cells. Examples of other antioxidants are vitamin C and glutathione.
When melatonin is suppressed in the body for any reason the body is at risk for many health challenges, such as:
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Increase risk for certain types of cancer, especially breast and prostate cancer
• Increase in autism spectrum disorder behaviours
• Insulin resistance
• Helps regulate cholesterol and many more
The tobacco of the 21st century – or you’ve come a long way, baby- or have you?
Countless studies link the radiation from cellphone towers can lower melatonin levels. According to research from Dr Neil Cherry, a pioneer in the field exposure to the frequencies of cell towers significantly lowered melatonin levels to an average of 46%. There are numerous studies confirming his findings.
Look out your window.
Do you see any antennas?
Any cellphone towers?
Are there any mounted on your home/apartment?
Sometimes they are hard to identify.
Reduce your exposure
There are several solutions that can be implemented for free and immediately to limit exposure
Radio frequencies are found not just from cell phone towers. Anything that sends or transmits wirelessly is considered a type of radio frequency.
Some immediate steps you can do to lower your exposure to radiofrequencies is:
• Put your cell phone on airplane when not in use
• If using a microwave, stay as far away as possible from it while it
• Put your wifi router on a timer so it is only in use when you need it.
• Even better is to hard wire your computer with an Ethernet cord and turn your routers wifi signal off.
• If you have a smart meter on your house have it changed to an analog meter(Good luck with this one) There are screens/cages being sold on the market but if the house is not assessed properly and installed correctly the radio waves can bounce back into your home.
• When answering your cellphone if possible, use only on speakerphone. Keep it away from your face/ears.
Why not just take a melatonin supplement?
Taking a melatonin supplement may seem like an easy solution, however melatonin has many potential serious side effects and can interfere with many medications.
The most common melatonin side effects include:
• Confusion, disorientation
• Abnormally low blood pressure
• In addition, melatonin supplements can interact with various medications, including:
• Anticoagulants and anti-platelet drugs
• Contraceptive drugs
• Diabetes medications
• Medications that suppress the immune system
Long term solutions
Since cellphone towers are not going anywhere in the foreseeable future we need to look at our options
To begin with, melatonin is produced in the pineal gland. The very best way to achieve optimum levels of melatonin is to optimize the function of the pineal gland. Since melatonin is made during the evening hours and throughout the night the ideal solution is to create what is termed a bedroom sanctuary. A bedroom sanctuary is a bedroom that has been specially designed and equipped with barriers in place to keep the radio waves out. Since our bodies need melatonin to heal and melatonin is disrupted during radiofrequency exposure at night, it makes sense take care of the bedroom first.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of EMF consultants coming on the scene with little or no experience in dealing with these in an efficient and safe way. Geovital consultants measure the human body for exposure, not just the air.
If you have questions or need help finding a qualified consultant please fill out the contact forma nd I will get back to you